Requisition ID: 151682
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Contributes to the overall success of the Inbound Fraud team in Canada ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team's business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
The Analyst, Inbound Fraud answers inbound calls for fraud-related enquiries. The incumbent is required to review unusual activity with customers, complete lost reports and itemize fraud transactions, obtain details for card replacement and communicate with various departments within the bank. The incumbent utilizes specific call handling procedures for the purpose of mitigating potential fraud losses, while branding Scotiabank to create a rewarding and engaging experience for our customers.
Application deadline: June 3rd, 2022
Requirements for Hybrid Training:
- If you meet a variety of criteria, which includes but not limited to a private workspace, internet bandwidth, completion of mandatory learning and sustainment of good performance ? you'll be offered the possibility to complete training in a hybrid work model. Working 100% on-site is also a possibility for employees.
- Must be available between 8:00am ? 4:00pm EST for up to 6 (six) weeks of full-time training. There will be an opportunity (voluntary) to attend part of this training virtually from home pending technology and hardware set up.
Available Shifts (37,5 hours/week)
? 10:00am to 6:00pm Tuesday to Saturday
? 10:00am to 6:00pm Monday to Thursday and 11:00am to 7:00pm Sunday
? 12:00pm to 8:00pm Tuesday to Saturday
? 2:00pm to 10:00pm Tuesday to Saturday
? 2:00pm to 10:00pm Monday to Thursday and 11:00am to 7:00pm Sunday
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Provide customers with excellent service levels within the parameters of the department environment by effectively managing the workload and staying actively available to receive customer requests by:
- Responding to incoming telephone and written inquiries from customers, branches and other Bank departments to resolve inquiries relative to fraud issues and/or complaints.
- Authorizing transactions declined due to fraud mitigation rules set on the Bank's host system or fraud monitoring tools, based on reasonable assurance that the transaction is legitimate or declining transactions that are highly suspicious.
- Completing on-line fraud reports, ensuring the correct action is taken when inputting the option for the transfer of balance, while at the same time arranging for expedient replacement of cards to customers affected by fraud.
- Handling transferred calls from Contact Centers when cardholders are reporting disputed transactions on lost/stolen cards and ensure accounts are statused on all applicable systems and electronic warning bulletins.Achieve and maintain required service level standards by:
- Operating at optimal efficiency of the department by ensuring productivity goals are attained;
- Minimizing Fraud risk and losses by adhering to Scotiabank's policy, procedures and key controls;
- Adhering to all company/department policies, procedures and audit requirements;
- Prioritizing and processing customer requests (i.e. inquiries, transactions, case work) in a timely and efficient manner; and
- Strictly adhering to schedules thereby ensuring prompt customer service and response time.
- Participate actively in team activities/initiatives and taking responsibility for self-learning and development. Participate actively and contribute to overall team objectives by:
- Learning and embracing new procedures, technologies, and processes;
- Participating in and supporting change initiatives for the team and the department;
- Contributing to effective team morale and employee relations through positive interaction with team members and participating in the Applause program; and
- Taking ownership of his/her development plan, working with the manager in the identification of skills, behaviors and competencies required to achieve goals.
- Understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
Education / Experience / Skills
- Customer service experience required; demonstrated commitment to providing quality customer service by defusing situations and showing empathy
- Ability to confidently take on high workload and call volume, while prioritizing, multitasking and problem solving
- Utilization of active listening skills and appropriate acknowledgment statements
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to navigate between multiple Windows-based application systems
- Strong analytical, verbal, and written communication skills
- Fluency in both English and French language skills (reading, writing, and spoken) is required
- Previous Retail Banking and/or Advice/Call Centre experience is an asset
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Ottawa
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.